Couple's Retreat Garden
Couple's Retreat Garden is recognized with other classical Suzhou gardens as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The classical Chinese Gardens at this site were originally built in 1874 by Lu Jin, the prefect of Baoning district. It then purchased by Shen Bingcheng, the magistrate of susong, who rebuit it in its current form. It was he who gave the gardens the name the Couple's Retreat.
The garden covers 0.33 ha and is divided in to two sections, an east and a west section. It has an unusual composition for a classical garden.